As you probably know, we offer a Greens supplement! Greens are a great way to get more veggies in your diet, fill nutritional gaps, and improve digestion. But have you heard about reds? What about purples?
Our new Reds + Purples are similar to our Greens in that they provide the body with vital nutrients; however, they contain organic ingredients that provide different benefits you simply can’t get from Greens!
You’ll have to bear with us because things are about to get detailed, but it’s important to us that you completely understand what Reds + Purples are, why they are important, how they benefit you, and when to use them. So buckle up, we are diving right in!
What are Reds and Purples?
Reds + Purples are powdered organic fruit sources that contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants with added digestive enzymes to improve overall health and wellness. They help with fighting off free radicals, improving blood flow, strengthening the immune system, decreasing inflammation, and aiding in digestive health. The following key nutrients are what provide Reds + Purples with their incredible benefits:
- Phytonutrients: Chemical compounds (carotenoids, anthocyanins, and polyphenols) produced by plants that help our bodies fight oxidative stress, reduce inflammation, and boost the immune system. They also have detoxification properties and can help with disease prevention.
- Digestive Enzymes: These play a key role in breaking down the food you consume. Your body can produce them on its own; however, if your body doesn’t make enough, it will affect digestion. Poor digestion can lead to unwanted bloating, fatigue, food intolerances, and additional negative side effects. Digestive enzymes help your body efficiently break down the foods you eat to improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Vitamins and Minerals: These are the essential nutrients needed by the body to maintain good health and keep you functioning normally.
- Antioxidants: Known for protecting the body from damage caused by free radicals that occur with stress, unhealthy diets, pollution, smoking, drinking, and more. Regulating free radicals can greatly improve your body’s ability to function and reduce/prevent inflammation.
What are the Benefits?
We briefly touched on some of the benefits in the last section; however, we want to make sure we provide you with an explanation as to why you receive said benefits from our Reds + Purples. To make things easier, we broke it down:
- Improve Digestion and Nutrient Absorption: The added digestive enzymes in this formula improve your body’s ability to break down food. Efficiently breaking down the foods you eat will, in turn, increase your energy levels naturally, enhance nutrient absorption, and improve digestion. It will also reduce bloating, stomach discomfort, and other painful gut symptoms.
- Inhibit Free Radical Production: Reds + Purples are loaded with powerful antioxidants that help regulate the production of free radicals. We’ll spare you the scientific details, but essentially free radicals are unstable chemical elements that build up in the body and cause damage to other cells, contribute to illnesses and diseases, are linked to aging, and affect your body’s ability to operate effectively.
- Aid in Weight Management: The phytonutrients and antioxidants found in our Reds + Purples can help decrease inflammation and increase cellular metabolism (cell’s daily functions required to maintain life). Speeding up cellular metabolism will produce an increase in your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) and overall metabolism, both of which will help in fat loss and weight management.
- Naturally Increases Your Energy Levels: Bouncing off the first bullet, the added digestive enzymes ensure your body is getting what it needs to improve nutrient absorption and produce more energy from the foods consumed. Our Reds + Purples are also packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients that help improve cellular metabolism, which can decrease fatigue and improve natural energy levels.
- Improve Blood Flow: The antioxidants PLUS nitrate-rich ingredients found in this formula help stabilize nitric oxide in the bloodstream. Improving nitric oxide levels improves overall blood flow, which can help regulate blood pressure and even improve workout performance.
Why Do We Offer Reds + Purples?
Fruits and vegetables of different colors contain certain amounts of essential micronutrients as well as unique forms of phytonutrients that are crucial to the body. The more variety you consume, the better they work and the more you benefit from them. This is why we combined Reds and Purples together. The one complements the other; therefore, by combining them together it creates ONE powerful nutrient blend that works synergistically to fill nutritional gaps and improve overall wellness.
When Should You Take Them?
We recommend taking Reds + Purples daily. Since they contain added digestive enzymes, it’s optimal for them to be consumed 10-20 minutes prior to meal. The reason being is that digestive enzymes are what help break down the foods you eat. If those aren’t ready to go prior to consuming food, they won’t work as effectively. Think of it like this:
You have a car to get from point A to point B. Whether your car runs on electricity or fuel, you need one or the other to actually get your car to start. Your car also requires oil to keep things lubricated and moving properly. It’s recommended that once you start your car, you allow it to sit for a few minutes to let things “warm up.” Now, most of us don’t do that last part; however, when it comes to digestion it's a step you don’t want to skip.
Digestion is similar. The digestive process needs to get food from point A to point B, but in order to do so it needs fuel. Digestion can’t start without digestive enzymes – they are the fuel that starts the digestive process. Once it has the “fuel” to start, it still needs time to “warm up” in order for them to work efficiently. This is why we suggest taking digestive enzymes prior to a meal. It will improve digestion and allow you to better absorb the nutrients in the foods you eat.
We recommend taking 1 scoop 10-20 minutes before a meal. You can mix them with water, add them to a smoothie, or pair them with another supplement!
Can You Take Them with Greens?
The answer is YES. Just like Reds complement Purples, Greens complement Reds + Purples. Together these two products work synergistically with one another to provide your body with a variety of nutrients and keep you functioning optimally. To learn more about the difference between the two and why they are beneficial to be taken together, click here.
Who Should Take Reds?
As with any supplement, this product is meant to “supplement” your diet and fill any nutritional gaps. If you are eating a balanced, nutritious diet that incorporates a variety of red and purple fruits and veggies, you are most likely getting what your body needs; however, in today’s world it’s easy to fall short on our nutrient needs between all the food delivery services, increased production of processed foods, and busy lifestyles. If you find yourself struggling to get a diverse amount of nutrient dense fruits and vegetables in your diet OR if you simply don’t want to stress about if you’re getting enough, then consider supplementation as it will ensure you’re receiving the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients your body needs!
Reds + Purples are an excellent way to increase your energy, support weight management, reduce inflammation, improve blood flow, and so much more. Every scoop will provide your body with the vital nutrients it needs to stay healthy!