Looking for an easy, no-bake recipe that requires minimal ingredients? We’ve got you covered with these Protein Buckeyes!
Some of you might be wondering “what is a buckeye?” There are the seeds that fall from a buckeye tree and then there are the candies that are oh-so satisfying! The buckeyes we are talking about are the chocolate-coated peanut butter balls. Also known as, a match made in heaven! You’ll notice there’s a small circle that is exposed, this is what creates the appearance of a buckeye tree seed and what gave these tasty treats their name!
What You'll Need:
- 1 jar / 1 cup of Bowmar Buckeye Butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup choice of chocolate chip
- Mixer (hand or hand-mixer)
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
How to Make:
- Spray a measuring cup with cooking spray for easy release. Scoop the butter and add it into a standard mixer or mixing bowl
- Add powdered sugar and mix on medium speed.
- Add vanilla extract while the mixer is going and mix until butter has a play dough-like consistency.
- Take 2 tsp of mixture at a time, roll into balls and put on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill for 30 minutes to firm up butter balls
- While butter balls are chilling, melt 1 cup chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time and mixing between each interval
- Once chocolate is melted and easily stirs, take butter balls out of the freezer.
- Stick butter balls one at a time with toothpicks and dip them 3/4 of the way into the chocolate, leaving a small circle of Bowmar Butter exposed on the top to create the Buckeye appearance, then place onto another cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- After all butter balls are dipped, leave out long enough for the chilled butter balls to harden the chocolate (don't put back in the freezer to harden as the chocolate will sweat and give a bumpy texture).
The beauty of this recipe is, you can use ANY butter you'd like. Swap them out and try a new flavor mashup. No matter the Bowmar Butter you use, your taste buds are sure to thank you after enjoying the chocolate, peanut butter GOODNESS that is this recipe!