Hey there! I’m Olivia, but please call me Liv (:
Look, I know you didn’t come here to learn more about me, but I’d like to tell you more about myself. If you just want to see my Protein French Toast recipe (I totally understand), scroll on down to the bottom of this blog. For those of you who’d like to get to know me, let’s get into it!
Get to Know Me:
I was born and raised in smalltown Iowa. I currently live in another smalltown… also in Iowa. I have one dog, three cats, and about 15 deer (yes, you did in fact read DEER) that I absolutely adore. I’m a homebody through and through, but when I’m not at home I’m either at the gym or out walking my dog while pushing my cats in a stroller. I run on sarcasm, sass, and SHARP (energy or powder.. I’m a BIG FAN of both).
I started using Bowmar Nutrition towards the end of 2018. I very distinctly remember trying their proteins for the first time. After the first sip I was HOOKED and immediately started switching all my supplements over to Bowmar. At the time, they didn’t have quite the depth of products that they do now, but it has been SO FUN seeing and being a part of the growth over the last several years. The flavors were (and still are) unmatched, but it was the quality of the products that really sold me. I value my health, so it’s important to me that I use products that are beneficial to my body and actually do as they are intended!
In May of 2019, I was blessed with the opportunity to not only become an athlete with them, but also take on the role of social media manager. If you’re a frequent commenter or DMer on Bowmar Nutrition’s IG or Facebook, odds are I’ve spoken with you at some point in the last 4 years! When I say, “I love what I do” – I mean that with all sincerity. I freaking LOVE what I do.
Alright, here’s what you came here for – my delicious protein french toast recipe! Y’all, I’ve been in love with this recipe since I first started making it many years ago. To be honest, I’m a little *obsessed* with ALL breakfast foods – cereal, toast, yogurt, oats, french toast, waffles/pancakes, eggs, biscuits and gravy, etc. If it has anything to do with breakfast, PUT MY NAME ON IT. With that being said, I promise you this recipe is as good as it sounds!
- 1 scoop of collagen or any of the bowmar proteins (blueberry cheesecake protein and french toast collagen are both SMACKIN’ with this recipe)
- 1 whole egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk (I use fat free fairlife)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 slices of bread (I use 3 slices of lite italian bread – it’s my fav)
- ¼ cup lite or sugar free syrup of choice (I use a lite syrup)
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp peanut butter and/or fresh fruit.
- In a small dish, add the collagen (or protein powder), egg, vanilla, milk, cinnamon, and salt. Combine well with a whisk.
- Dip your slices of bread into the mixture. Make sure both sides are covered.
- Place in a frying pan and cook on medium low heat until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Add your syrup and top with your toppings of choice, if any.
Macros for 3 slices (no peanut butter): 40g P // 58g C // 9g F
If you give this recipe a try, I’d love to know what you think!!