Have you ever thought to yourself “Why am I SO tired?” If you constantly feel run-down, struggle to wake up even after an adequate night’s rest, or if caffeine doesn’t work like it used to, please keep reading. We’re going to discuss our adrenal glands and why it’s so important to keep them functioning optimally.
What Are Adrenals?
Adrenal glands sit on top of the kidneys and are in charge of producing hormones that regulate stress, metabolism, and the immune system. Many of our essential bodily functions are dependent on healthy adrenal glands, and unfortunately over 100 million people are affected with overactive adrenals today.
The adrenal fatigue theory suggests that exposure to stress over a prolonged period of time depletes the adrenals resulting in a low cortisol state. This is where overall tiredness, grogginess upon waking, and mid-afternoon slumps comes in. When the body isn’t producing enough cortisol, extreme fatigue can occur. Fortunately there are a few things we can do to reverse this.
Ways to Support Adrenal Glands
Oftentimes people deal with the symptoms of adrenal fatigue rather than the actual root cause. We suggest a combination of both approaches – addressing the symptoms AND the main issue. Below are a few quick tips on how to jumpstart the adrenals to full efficiency:
- Limit caffeine intake. Caffeine plays a major role in the production of cortisol. When we have too much our bodies can eventually stop producing cortisol on its own, causing extreme fatigue.
- Sleep AT LEAST 7 hours each night. Insufficient rest is another stressor on the body. Proper sleep helps stabilize the adrenals.
- Take an Adrenal Support Supplement to help regulate stress hormones.
- Eat meals regularly. Make sure not to skip meal-time, doing this will result in further adrenal stress.
- Limit high impact exercise. While high intensity workouts have their place, those with adrenal fatigue have a harder time recovering when vigorously working out daily. In fact, it can have a negative effect overall. We recommend low impact movement.
- Eat breakfast preferably containing protein within one hour of waking. This keeps blood sugar levels regulated and can help balance hormone production too.
With the rise of people dealing with adrenal fatigue, we hope these tips can alleviate any symptoms you may have been battling.
That's why we created our latest product Adrenal Support Drops. This tincture is designed to support every part of your body, but especially your adrenals. This means you can feel calmer and more capable of dealing with everyday stress. Its potent and effective blend of herbs and adaptogens can naturally improve the “flight or fight” stress response by tackling the root cause of adrenal overdrive.
A few of these powerful herbs and their uses are:
- Organic Schisandra Berry: an adaptogen that combats the body’s resistance to physical, emotional, and environmental stressors
- Organic Blue Vervain: contains anti-anxiety properties that protects nerve cells
- Organic Ashwagandha: stabilizes the body’s response to stress
Should I Take Adrenal Support Drops?
Bowmar Nutrition Adrenal Support Drops powered by Earthley were designed for those that want to naturally reverse the root cause of overall fatigue and increase immune health. Think of these drops as a convenient way to combat everyday tiredness and get back to the life you were designed to live. Ultimately there are several combining factors that can alleviate fatigue. We recommend practicing the tips above for lifelong adrenal health and overall wellness.
*Some of the herbs included in these formulas can interact with medication. Please be sure to consult your doctor before using.